- Duration: one-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination and practical assessment
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes 501/2001/3
- QCF: 2 credits D/602/4593
- Prerequisite: None
The Manual Handling Principles and Practice qualification will benefit all employees who have to carry out any manual handling activities at work, including industrial and office workers and many settings in between. Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, employers are required to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to employees – this includes suitable training. This qualification combines both the theoretical and hands-on elements of the subject and teaches learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities.
- Identify and understand the risks associated with manual handling
- Learn the value of risk assessment and how to apply it
- Make recommendations to manage risks
- Apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks.