- Duration: One day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes; 500/3518/6
- QCF reference: 1 credit; A/502/9726
- Prerequisite: CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (recommended)
This qualification complements the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety by raising candidates’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment. The course will benefit anyone in a work environment and is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling candidates to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
This CIEH Level 2 Award Principles in Risk Assessment was created in response to industry requirements for all employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
- the hierarchy of control
- risk assessment review and record keeping.