- Duration: Half-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes 600/7244/1 QCF: 1 credit A/504/5456
- Prerequisite: None
This qualification will benefit anyone who has to carry out manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and the control measures available to help prevent injury. Candidates will be able to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safe working practices in cooperation with their supervisors and managers.
This training is not intended to train candidates to carry out manual handling risk assessments, but it will help them to understand and contribute to the development of these. Candidates requiring training in practical manual handling techniques should be referred to the Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice training programme.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling.
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety.
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.