- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes; 501/0710/0
- QCF: 1 credit; H/601/9699
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested Progression: CIEH Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This qualification will benefit employees in a variety of work environments, as it provides candidates with essential knowledge and understanding of the range of health and safety issues. By highlighting typical workplace hazards and suggesting effective control measures, it will help them to work more safely and be more aware of how their own actions can affect the health and safety and well-being of others. It will also enable them to contribute meaningfully to any risk assessment based health and safety management system.
This qualification is equally useful for those already in employment and those preparing to start or return to work.
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards.
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace.