- Duration: half-day training programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: 600/4480/9
- QCF: 1 credit; R/504/4040
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested Progression: Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This Level 1 qualification is designed to make candidates aware of key health and safety issues and the part that they should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm in the workplace. This training is essential for everyone entering the workplace for the first time – either as part of a work experience programme or at the start of employment – and those starting a new job, as part of their induction programme.
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide health and safety training to employees. The CIEH Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace provides a starting point from which more detailed health and safety training (e.g. Level 2) or job-specific training can follow.
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Identify the hazards and risks related to the workplace
- Understand workplace health and safety procedure