- Duration: Half-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested progression:
The newly accredited CIEH Introductory Certificate in Food Safety provides an ideal solution to staff induction training. The qualification is extremely flexible and can be tailored to meet the needs of specific business requirements whether in catering, food manufacture or retails environments. The training is also well suited to individuals handling low risk or wrapped foods (category A), including:
- new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods
- front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
The Introductory Certificate is also suitable for employees for whom English is a second language or those with special needs.
Food business operators must ensure that employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene in order to guarantee safe food to consumers, this training is the first step in that process and essential grounding for many employed in the sector.
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene
- how to keep themselves clean and hygienic
- how to keep their work area clean
- the role they play in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues