- Duration: eight hours training + two hours assessment
- Assessment: Multiple choice question paper
- Prerequisite: Candidates must hold a qualifying Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety or equivalent Level 3).
- Suggested progression: Advanced Certificate in Food Safety
All candidates who have taken a Level 3 Award or Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety are required to keep their food safety knowledge up to date with current legislation. The Intermediate Food Safety Refresher course is an ideal way to do this and an update is recommended after three years has elapsed.
Food safety regulations and best practice are constantly changing, and in order to guarantee safe food to consumers, food business supervisors must keep their knowledge up to date.
- remind candidates of their supervisory responsibilities towards food safety
- refresh candidates’ knowledge of food safety
- encourage best practice within the workplace
Successful completion of this refresher qualification will enable candidates to understand:
- the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- the application and monitoring of good food safety practice
- how to implement food safety management procedures
- the role of the supervisor in staff training