- Duration: Three-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice question paper
- Prerequisite: Recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety taken within the last three years.
- Suggested progression: Advanced Certificate in Food Safety (information to follow)
CIEH Intermediate Food Safety Certificate
In line with the recent update and upgrade of CIEH work based learning this course has the flexibility to be adapted to fit all sector-specific needs e.g. catering, manufacturing and/or retail environments. This qualification provides a thorough understanding of food safety practices, procedures and requirements emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
This training is suitable who have responsibility for instructing and training colleagues on tasks and procedures, monitoring working practices and control procedures, taking corrective action and where necessary reporting to management.
Anyone working in a supervisory position in a food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises