- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice question paper
- Prerequisite: Advisable to have Foundation Food Safety (L2)
- Suggested progression: CIEH Level 3 Awards in Supervising Food Safety
The HACCP Principals training course is designed for those working in food businesses where a food safety management system based on HACCP is implemented. It provides essential knowledge on the development and application of HACCP-based systems. It is recommended training for anyone involved in the implementation and maintenance of HACCP-based systems and individuals who are, or intend to become, members of a food business HACCP team. The training is suitable for catering, retail or food manufacture businesses.
This qualification will help handlers in a catering, food manufacture or retail setting to understand the principles of HACCP and their purpose and be able to apply these correctly to their own workplace. It meets the requirement under EU legislation for training on the HACCP principles.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The purpose of a HACCP system
- The features and terminology of HACCP
- How a HACCP system is applied in the workplace.