- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice question paper
- Prerequisite: Advisable to have Foundation Food Safety (L2)
- Suggested progression: CIEH Intermediate Certificate in HACCP
The CIEH Foundation Certificate in HACCP (L2) gives learners the opportunity to develop knowledge of food safety management. Legislation requires all food outlets to have a food safety management system based upon HACCP. This course will assist food operatives to understand and implement HACCP practices in their own food production environments.
Upon completion of this course you will be have knowledge of the processes required to support and maintain food safety in the workplace so that it is safe for consumption.
- Food operatives who need to support food safety management
- Employees within food retail premises dealing
This qualification will help handlers in a catering, food manufacture or retail setting to understand the principles of HACCP and their purpose and be able to apply these correctly to their own workplace. It meets the requirement under EU legislation for training on the HACCP principles.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The purpose of a HACCP system
- The features and terminology of HACCP
- How a HACCP system is applied in the workplace.