This course builds on the Introductory Certificate in Food Safety (L2) training course and provides effective, efficient and comprehensive food safety training for all types of food business. This course covers the minimum industry standards for processes and procedures expected of any food handler.
The content reinforces the importance of food safety and provides learners with an understanding of how to identify and control food safety hazards in their own workplace.
Who needs this qualification & why is this training important?
- Food handlers preparing or cooking food for consumers
- Anyone wishing to refresh previously learned skills and knowledge
- Businesses wishing offer staff development for food employees
- Self-employed food based small business owners
The CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety is for anyone working in a food business. Everyone who works in the food industry, whether in catering, manufacturing or retail, is responsible for safeguarding the health of anyone who consumes food that has been prepared, processed, stored or sold by their food business. Food handlers have a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and to ensure that the food they serve or sell is safe to eat.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to prepare and cook food that is safe for consumption.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.