- Duration: Half-day to a full day programme, as required
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Prerequisite: Candidates must hold a Foundation certificate in Food Safety or equivalent (L2)
- Suggested progression: CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety
Candidates who have taken a recognised Level 2 or Foundation certificate in Food Safety are recommended to update their knowledge on a regular basis. The Food Safety Refresher course is an ideal way of ensuring working knowledge is appropriate and up to date and is advised after three years.
Food Safety regulations and best practice are constantly changing and in order to guarantee safe food to consumers, food business operators must ensure their employees are kept up-to-date.
- Refresh candidates’ knowledge of food safety
- Ensure compliance with food safety legislation and HACCP requirements
- Encourage best practice within the workplace
- Understand the importance of food safety procedures and reporting and how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand effective personal hygiene practices, their importance in food safety and their role in reducing the risk of contamination.
- Understand how working areas are kept clean and hygienic
- Identify the sources and risks to food safety and understand the importance of keeping food safe