- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested progression:
The new accredited CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety (L2) enables trainers and centre’s to offer comprehensive but flexible food safety training efficiently and effectively from farm to fork. Whether food is being produced, prepared, cooked, served, stored or distributed the CIEH has developed food safety training to suit employees in all types of food business.
Typical environments may include: pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail environments, food and drink manufacturers, hospitals, care homes, schools and similar.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and to ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat. In order to comply with current food safety legislation all those who work with food are required to have appropriate training.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.