Under the Food Information Regulations 2014, food business operators have a legal responsibility to provide complete and correct food allergen information to customers. These regulations apply to all catering and retail businesses that serve or sell loose (unwrapped) foods.
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness has been designed to help food handlers to:
- Understand the impact of food allergy and intolerance
- Identify, manage and control the risks associated with food allergens
- Apply the principles of practical allergen management to develop good practice in the workplace
- Provide allergen information, with confidence
Developing food allergen awareness is key to complying with the Food Information Regs. 2014 and improving business. Customers need to be confident that the information provided is complete and correct and the food that is served or sold is safe to eat.
All candidates are required to provide photographic proof of identity (e.g. a driving license, passport, work photo ID) prior to taking the assessment.
Course duration: 4 hours usually over ½ a day.
Assessment method: Multiple choice question paper, 45 mins maximum.
Pre-requisite: Non (Level 2 Award in Food Safety recommended)
- CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of HACCP